Welcome to the Progress Sitefinity Certification program.
If you do not have an account in the Progress Education Community, please complete the steps below to self-register. Once you create your account, you can purchase certification exam(s).
- From the Progress Education Community Login page, select Self Registration.
- Review the legal terms of a subscription to the Progress Education Community.
- Complete the New User Registration page:
- Under Training Selection, select: Sitefinity Certification Exam [payment is collected after creating an account]
- Under Payment Method, select: I want to purchase a Sitefinity Certification Exam (after creating an account).
- Your account will be activated and you can access the Sitefinity Certification catalog. From the Catalog, select the exam(s) you would like to purchase.
- Pay for your exam(s) with your credit card. You will be emailed a Payment Confirmation receipt.
If you have an active account, please log in, and select from the following exams on the Sitefinity Certification catalog:
- Basic Sitefinity Developer Certification exam: $200 USD
This exam applies to Sitefinity 10 and earlier. An updated version of the exam, compatible with Sitefinity 11, will be available in November, 2018.
The exam consists of 75 multiple-choice questions. The exam is graded automatically with 75% being the passing grade. Once you start the exam, you will have 120 minutes to complete it. Once started, the exam cannot be paused and continued at a later stage. The certification is valid for 2 years, after which a re-certification is required. An official certificate and a “Certified Sitefinity Developer” logo acknowledging your expertise will be automatically made available for you upon successfully passing the certification. If you do not pass the exam, you can retake the exam again after a two week waiting period. You can attempt the exam 5 times in a 12-month period.
To prepare for the Basic Sitefinity Developer Certification exam, you should take the Introduction to Sitefinity Development course. You can enroll in this online course at no cost from the Sitefinity Certification catalog.
- Advanced Sitefinity Developer Certification Exam: $150 USD
The Advanced Sitefinity Developer certification exam tests your knowledge of how to develop the presentation layer using Sitefinity Feather, bring content to the presentation layer using Sitefinity APIs, integrate with external data sources, optimize performance and test code.
This exam contains 63 multiple choice questions. You will be given 120 minutes to complete the exam. A score of 75% or more is considered a passing grade. Note that you will not be able to stop and resume the exam, or go back and review questions. If you pass the exam, you will be a Certified Advanced Sitefinity Developer. Your certification is valid for 2 years. An official certificate and a “Certified Advanced Sitefinity Developer” logo acknowledging your expertise will be automatically made available for you upon successfully passing the certification.
You must pass the Basic Sitefinity Developer Certification Exam ($200 USD) before attempting the Advanced Sitefinity Developer Certification exam.
If you do not pass the exam on your first attempt, you have the option of purchasing the Advanced Sitefinity Developer Certification Retake Exam at a cost of $150 USD.